"There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot." - Aldo Leopold

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Asleep in the Stand - Late Spring Hunting Links

Today’s flock of links was spooked off the roost but wandered back thanks to my calling prowess.

- This is, no doubt, the best article I’ve read about hunting turkeys – embarrasses anything I’ve ever penned.

- Brining turkey? Here’s a woman after my own heart.

- Florida wants your input to help decide if rifles should be allowed on public lands during turkey season. Not sure how I’m going to vote yet.



And now enough about turkey. Let’s gaze into the offseason.

- I am looking forward to the day when I can squander money away to shoot ground rodents out West. I’m not being sarcastic. I really mean it.

- I haven’t typed the word “duck” in a long time. Kinda makes me sad. Here is DU’s list of articles you can read to make yourself a better waterfowl shot.

- Speaking of shooting, check out Winchester’s Ballistics Calculator. Show that .25-06 totin' know-it-all in camp who is boss with your knowledge of bullet drops and wind drift for any round you can think of. Become that know-it-all. You can even add it to your iPhone, Smarty-Britches.

That’s it for now. Last weekend of Florida turkey season. Gobble Gobble!

No comments: