"There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot." - Aldo Leopold

Monday, March 21, 2011

March Trail Camera Photos

For your voyeuristic impulses, here are this month’s trail camera photos. The Covert Cam has endured the last few weeks lording over a feeding station on a private ranch in Sarasota County, FL.

This particular section is thick – thick with vegetation, thick with hogs, thick with deer.

It is a popular draw for hunters here.





I’m thankful I still have my camera.

Hogs are a plentiful, as I mentioned. Here’s a fine boar.



This is a big pig.



And a young boar.



The turk-a-lurks frequent this area, too, though no tom pictures this go-round. They have largely moved into the fields and transition areas to strut. A few of the ladies stopped by, however.





And deer, finally. As I wrote in last month’s installment, the deer don’t really hit the feeders too hard. Besides keeping a Big Brother eye on the feeder, there’s a major trail here the deer use.



You can’t see the stand from this view, but trust me this deer looks like it would be arrow-rific if I had been sitting in it. Keep this in mind come August.



That’s about all the pics for today, boys and girls. See ya next time.

1 comment:

Joe said...

Wow! Those look like a couple of big hogs.