"There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot." - Aldo Leopold

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

YouTube Video of the Week - Mega Shark vs. Giant Octopus

Last week I mentioned a movie so astoundingly awful, I want to have a screening party for friends and family. Mega Shark vs. Giant Octopus.

Now I am sort of a movie junkie of the independent, merchant ivory persuasion. If it's been through Cannes or Sundance with any fanfare, odds are the popcorn is in the microwave. Anything with Dane Cook or Martin Lawrence is bound to turn me off. As such, I get critical, and when you step your foot into a steaming pile like this flick, well, you just can't help yourself. You want to tell EVERYONE.

Anyway - and I realize this has nothing to do with hunting - I just wanted to share a little more about this movie. A few hundred people will probably click on this post. A few dozen with chuckle. The elite 3 or 4 will advance my idea and invite me to their own screening.

Below is a pivotal scene in the movie that combines my two biggest fears: Flying and Shark Attacks. The soundtrack is not original but certainly does nothing to detract from the gravity of the situation. Enjoy.

No comments: