"There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot." - Aldo Leopold

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Great White Shark off Sebastian Inlet, FL

OK, this is month-old news, but I figured I'd post it anyway - we are celebrating Shark Week. And I did just spend the last six days enjoying the beautiful beaches and warm waters of Cocoa and Vero, 30 minutes to the north and south, respectively, of Sebastian Inlet.

This diver was supposedly hunting in 150-170 feet of water. The big fish he is shooting at are amberjacks.

It's a pretty cool video and a strong reminder of why I don't spearfish. (Skip to the 3-minute mark to see the shark.)

2 comments:

Rabid Outdoorsman said...

That is spooky. No shark, no shark GIANT SHARK, no shark. I would have to throw out my wet suit after that experience.

bow_dad said...

Great... My late Seventies childhood Jaws fears are even more deeply rooted now. Think I'll stick to whitetails.