"There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot." - Aldo Leopold

Monday, February 28, 2011

February Trail Camera Pics

I moved my Covert Cam from the Polk County lease because I suspected folks had grown weary of armadillo and possum pictures. I had. So, Travis and I positioned it by a corn feeder on a private ranch in Sarasota County.

The camera hangs on an oak in a small clearing surrounded by palmettos, a swamp, and scrub area. It's very much Florida.

After a month and 1200 pictures later, here are some of the best of the bunch.


This land is loaded with deer, but they shy away from the feeders, for the most part.


Plenty of hogs, but they showed at night. The hunting pressure has been tough on the swine. These pics show there's still a slew of them there, but finding hoggies during the daylight has proved troublesome.


This guy could become a stud one day.


I think this is him again.


Hogs come in all sorts of colors. This is a nice young boar.


A feeding Osceola.


Posing for the picture. Not permitted to turkey hunt here, but it's still nice to see the birds.


The gobblers hung around until mid-month then not much tom activity over the last week. Probably started spreading out. Turkey season in this zone starts this weekend.


I like this picture.

I'm heading down this week to see if I can get one of those pigs and will put the camera in a new spot. I really want to capture a huge boar on here to show off.

5 comments:

Gorges Smythe said...

I hope we never get them here, but if we do, I'm gonna build me a smoke-house!

Ian Nance said...

They are spreading at a pretty good click. That's for sure.

Joe said...

Couple of nice turkeys.

Brian King said...

Nice turkey shots, Ian! Lots of hogs for sure! We hunted them in Texas and rarely saw them during the day. The ones we killed came out just before dark.

Great trail cam photos!

Unknown said...

Here little piggy!