"There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot." - Aldo Leopold

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

YouTube Video of the Week - Tackleberry

Happened across Police Academy last week. Loved that movie since I was a kid. I had not seen it in a long time, but was pleasantly amused how it has held up over the years, though many of its stars have not.

Anyway, this part of the film had me howling with laughter. Evidently this was true for YouTube users as well since it took no time at all to find this clip.

Three things I love about this:

1. How far the targets are away at the range, especially for what are almost certainly .38's.

2. Look at about the 22 second mark. Notice Bubba Smith's pistol. There's a puff of smoke, a one second delay and then the muzzle flip. Great editing!

3. The red flag at Tackleberry's station. Maybe this is protocol at some police academy ranges I am not familiar with, but I like to think the high strung cop cadet just made a show of his presence.

His hand cannon - a gift from his mom - certainly did!!!

No comments: